The Public Protection Bureau is involved in enforcing the provisions of the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) and related statutes. Forms for compliance with these statutory provisions include:
- Tobacco Manufacturer Certification Form
- Consent to Suit Form
- Importer Acceptance Form
- Instructions for Quarterly Escrow Certificate and Certificate of Compliance
- Non-Participating Manufacturer Bond or Cash Equivalent Certification
- Non-Participating Manufacturer Sales Information 2017
- Non-Participating Manufacturer Surety Bond Form
- Quarterly Affirmance of Non-Participating Manufacturer Bond or Cash Equivalent
- Current Non-Participating Manufacturer Escrow Agreement
The Nebraska Directory of Certified Tobacco Product Manufacturers and Brands is maintained by the Nebraska Department of Revenue, pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. §69-2706 (Cum. Supp. 2014), and can be found at http://www.revenue.nebraska.gov/cig/manufacturer.html.
In October of 2017, Nebraska signed an agreement with certain tobacco manufacturers that settled disputes relating to adjustments of yearly MSA payments based on the market impact of Non-Participating Manufacturers. You may find the agreement in its entirety here.
The Reduced Cigarette Ignition Propensity Act is administered by the State Fire Marshal's (SFM) Office. Its complete listing of certified fire safe cigarettes, which are approved for sale in Nebraska under that Act, can be found at https://sfm.nebraska.gov/fire-prevention/reduced-cigarette-ignition-propensity-certification-rcip
Tobacco Free Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services, is the state’s comprehensive tobacco prevention program. Information about the TFN and tobacco cessation programs can be found at http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Pages/tfn.aspx.
Forms require Acrobat Reader. Download the latest version of Acrobat Reader ®.