We are pleased to invite all Nebraska 5th grade students to recognize National Missing Children’s Day by participating in the Nebraska 2017 Missing Children’s Day poster contest. The theme of the contest is, “Bring Our Missing Children Home”.
(Artwork by 2016 Nebraska Poster Contest Winner, Alyiah American Horse of Gordon, Nebraska)
The deadline to enter the Nebraska contest is March 1, 2017.
Please submit contest entries to:
Nebraska Attorney General’s Office
Attention: Jennifer Brehm, Contest Manager
2115 State Capitol PO Box 98920
Lincoln, NE 68509
- Applicants must be in the fifth grade.
- Artwork should reflect the theme “Bring Our Missing Children Home.” This phrase must appear somewhere on the poster. The theme may be depicted in the students’ artwork through one illustration or a combination of illustrations (e.g., signs and symbols, people, abstract, industry, wildlife, etc.)
- The theme must be depicted visually and can be created using media such as acrylics, watercolor, pencils, charcoal, magic markers, spray paint, crayons, and pastels. Digitally produced images, collages, cut-outs, and stamping will not be eligible for consideration.
- The finished poster must measure 8½ x 14 inches.
- The poster must be submitted with a completed application, which includes a description of the poster and a brief biography of the artist, either written legibly or typed
- Complete information regarding the poster contest can also be found at http://ojjdp.gov/programs/postercontest.