Mike Hilgers

Nebraska Attorney General

The Commissioner of Education has no authority to enter into a settlement agreement with the holder of a certificate to teach in the public schools of this State to suspend or revoke the certificate for a time certain without first filing a petition and seeking a review thereof by the Professional Practices Commission unless the agreement calls for the maximum suspension or revocation of the certificate permitted by law

Opinion Number: 
Opinion Date: 
Friday, January 3, 1992
Opinion PDF: